Monday, September 24, 2012

Poached Eggs







 
For some reason, eggs are my Achilles heal. I never really liked them much growing up, so it's definitely an area I try to grow and improve. I have scrambled mastered, and am fairly consistent with my omelet making. So after watching an episode of MasterChef this summer, I decided I needed to start working on poached. I have prepared them a number of different ways, today's is the most simple where it's just an egg on a piece of toast, seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika.
 
Previously, I used a swirling water technique that would more often than not result in the egg whites feathering. I recently found these poach pods though and they form perfectly formed eggs every time. The only issue? Well, with this being the first time I used them, I wasn't sure how long to cook the eggs. So, I googled, found a site that said 6 minutes, so that's what I went with. WAY too long! I'll be trying 5 minutes next time. But, the good news is they hold the shape and are super easy to use. 







No comments:

Post a Comment