Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Stuffed Pepper

I love stuffed peppers, I have yet to find a combination that I don't like, they're easy, they're quick and it's a wonderful way to use miscellaneous vegetables sitting in your fridge. I wasn't originally planning on posting this, so I don't have a start picture will all the ingredients, but I'll walk you through with the pictures I was able to take.
Start off by cooking 2 cups of rice with broth (veggie or chicken), or with water and add some Better Than Bouillon. (Refer to the rice package for the appropriate amount of liquid, but typically it's the same amount of rice that you use).
 
While my rice was cooking, I chopped up a cup of fresh spinach. . . 
 
 
 
 
A half cup of mushrooms chopped. . .

 One carrot. . .
Half an ear of corn. . .


Once all the chopping was done I sauteed the mushrooms, corn and carrots. . .once they were soft, I added the spinach. When the rice is done, I added the veggie mixture along with a half cup of shredded cheddar.

Once the rice mixture is combined, fill four red peppers (with the tops and seeds removed). As you can see, I only had 2.5 peppers, so I had to use a ramekin. Place them in an oven heated to 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


They should come out looking something like this, the skin is really soft, and extra tasty.


 Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment