Thursday, April 11, 2013

Portabella Kale Pasta

So, I don't know how dinner planning goes at your house, but almost every day between 3 and 4 I receive an email from my Chief Food Critic asking what we're having for dinner. (Never mind the fact that half the time I have already told him or sent a weeks work of menu items to him, I still get the email). He was actually gone for a golfing man-cation for the first part of the week, so I didn't have as much time to pull together a formal plan, but, I knew we still had a good deal of produce from our CSA delivery last week, so I started thinking.

Ultimately, I decided we could utilize a number of the CSA items (Kale, Portabella, Basil and Onion to be exact) in one pasta dish. The Little Guy decided to take an extra long nap today, which meant he hasn't been awake long before we got home, which equates to him wanting to be hugged or touching me at some point the entire time I'm cooking. Nice and sweet, but it makes it challenging to photograph the preparation process, sorry!


What you'll need:

2 Portabella mushrooms, diced
1.5 cup Kale, chopped (about 6 leaves)
1/4 cup onion, minced
12 oz bowtie pasta
1 1/4 Vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
2 TBSP Olive Oil
4 oz shredded asiago cheese

Start by bringing a pot of water to a boil.

Heat a pan, add olive oil. Once heated, add your onion and mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the kale, and stir until wilted.

Add your pasta to the boiling water and cook until tender.

Back to your mushroom and kale mixture, add half the broth and cook until the liquid reduces by half. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Drain your pasta, set aside.

Add the remaining broth and basil, bring to a boil for about 4 minutes.

Add the pasta and cheese to the kale mixture and stir. Serve as soon as the cheese has begun to melt.

Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment